[lazarus] cant find unit interfacebase

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Fri Dec 19 05:46:15 EST 2003

LeVA írta:
> Mattias Gaertner írta:
>
>> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:12:46 +0100  LeVA <leva at az.isten.hu> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I know there was a similar topic on this mailing list, but I forgot
>>> what to do when lazarus complains about that interfacebase unit. The
>>> maillist archive is still unreachable at lazarus.freepascal.org....
>>> So I'm asking You to help me out with this:
>>>
>>> TOutputFilter: "Fatal: Can't find unit INTERFACEBASE"
>>

>> Maybe you updated your fpc and forgot a make clean all?
>>

>> Mattias

It seems that lazarus works fine, if I skip the cd lazarus/lcl; make
OS_TARGET=win32 part of the compilation. I'm doing this because I must
build my projects to win32 too. So if I compile lazarus with make clean
all, and run it, it works fine. It can compile my projects. After
compiling the lcl to win32, and run lazarus, it can not build to linux
nor to win32. When trying to compile to linux, it says that it can not
find the INTERFACEBASE unit, and when trying to compile to win32, it
says that:
TOutputFilter:
"/home/leva/FreePascal/lib/fpc/1.9.1/units/win32/rtl/wprt0.o: file not
recognized: File format not recognized"

Is this beacause of the 1.9.1 fpc? With 1.0.10 it worked fine, but I
didn't try if it works with it right now, because I need the
-dUseFPImage option, and it doesn't work with older fpcs.
I'm getting the win32 units daily from here:
ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/languages/pascal/fpc/snapshot/v11/win32-i386/

These are precompiled. I got a bad feeling about these units are not for
the 1.9.1 version of fpc. Am I right?

I tried to compile the units (1.9.1) by hand:
cd src/fpc; make clean; make OS_TARGET=win32 all

I get this error:
make[4]: Entering directory `/home/leva/FreePascal/src/fpc/rtl/win32'
as -o wprt0.o wprt0.as
wprt0.as: Assembler messages:
wprt0.as:29: Error: cannot represent relocation type BFD_RELOC_RVA
wprt0.as:31: Error: cannot represent relocation type BFD_RELOC_RVA
wprt0.as:32: Error: cannot represent relocation type BFD_RELOC_RVA
wprt0.as:36: Error: cannot represent relocation type BFD_RELOC_RVA
wprt0.as:45: Error: cannot represent relocation type BFD_RELOC_RVA
make[4]: *** [wprt0.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/leva/FreePascal/src/fpc/rtl/win32'
make[3]: *** [rtl] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/leva/FreePascal/src/fpc/compiler'
make[2]: *** [cycle] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/leva/FreePascal/src/fpc/compiler'
make[1]: *** [compiler_cycle] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/leva/FreePascal/src/fpc'
make: *** [build-stamp.win32] Error 2

Can you tell me please what is wrong with this? Is this the ususal
method of compiling the win32 units (make OS_TARGET=win32 all)?

Thanks!

--
LeVA