[lazarus] cant find unit interfacebase

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Fri Dec 19 06:02:31 EST 2003

> find the INTERFACEBASE unit, and when trying to compile to win32, it
> says that:
> TOutputFilter:
> "/home/leva/FreePascal/lib/fpc/1.9.1/units/win32/rtl/wprt0.o: file not
> recognized: File format not recognized"
>
> Is this beacause of the 1.9.1 fpc? With 1.0.10 it worked fine, but I
> didn't try if it works with it right now, because I need the
> -dUseFPImage option, and it doesn't work with older fpcs.
> I'm getting the win32 units daily from here:
> ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/languages/pascal/fpc/snapshot/v11/win32-i386/
>
> These are precompiled. I got a bad feeling about these units are not for
> the 1.9.1 version of fpc. Am I right?

You need a cross compiled as and ld with target that supports win32. You
are now trying to use win32(=pecoff) .o files with the linux linker that
only supports ELF .o files.

Note: The compile itself can read .ppu files from multiple platforms, but
the assembler and linker not. The assembler and linker are external
applications from GNU binutils.