[lazarus] Wrong note in windows: Lazarus source directory not set

Vincent Snijders vslist at zonnet.nl
Fri Dec 19 16:39:01 EST 2003

Hi,

Lazarus gives a wrong note: Lazarus source directory not set, even if it
is set correctly. The reason is a difference in behaviour of the
FileExists function.

Lazarus appends the directory seperator ('/' or '\' depending on the
platform) to path given by the user. Under linux FileExists returns true
for /my/lazarus/source/dir and /my/lazarus/source/dir/. Under windows
c:\my\lazarus\source\dir returns true, but c:\my\lazarus\source\dir\
returns false.

IMO the most simple solution to solve this wrong not, would be storing
the dir without the appended directory seperator, but I am not sure
about the impact this would have for the rest of lazarus. There might be
simplier solutions.

I hope I have given enough information to help you solve this bug.

Regards,
Vincent.