[lazarus] CVS Updates - new lcl directories

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Dec 19 20:36:09 EST 2003

Hi all,

Important:
The LCL unit output directories have changed:

The LCL ppu files are now in
lazarusdir/lcl/units/i386/linux/
and
lazarusdir/lcl/units/i386/linux/gtk

If you use the LCL package for your projects, you don't need to bother.

Several output directories are now splitted into sub directories for target
processsor, target operating system and LCL widget set.
Now you can use one lazarus directory for cross compilation.

I also improved the package system, so cross compilation will now
automatically cross compile required packages.

The IDE itself still needs one directory per target. (not a big problem).

There were quite a lot of combinations without all the cross compilation
stuff, and the new possibilities are far beyond what I can test.
There are some tricks to optimize projects and packages for cross
compilation and easy switching between targets. Or saying it negative: There
are some newbie traps, which can result in some unpleasant results. I will
add some hints/details to the wiki in the next days.

Mattias