[lazarus] win32 crash because of new components.

Vincent Snijders vslist at zonnet.nl
Wed Dec 24 17:43:04 EST 2003

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 17:09:15 +0100
Vincent Snijders <vslist at zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently lazarus stopped starting up under win32. I think it is caused
> by the recent additions of components to the toolbar. The win32
> interface can't read the icons without raising an exception. Appended
> is the backtrace.
>
> I changed line 722 of win32winapi.inc:
>       until (i>=AList.Count);
>
> This prevented the crash. I hope somebody with more experience with
> bitmaps and pixmaps can take a look at this to see if it is correct.

Further research showed that the problem is caused by xpm-files with
these kind of lines in the color map:
"$ c #C0C0C0",
"% c red",
"& c green",
"* c yellow",

The first line is parsed correctly, but the others not. The function
CreatePixmapIndirect doesn't support symbolic color names (like red),
only RGB-values.

So the change mentioned above isn't a fix, it only prevents a crash.

HTH,
Vincent.