[lazarus] 1.0 todo list?

Thomas Miller tmiller at bss-software.com
Sun Dec 28 22:03:14 EST 2003

I am new to Lazarus.  There are a tone of component sets available that
are open source for
Delphi.

InnoSetup for Win32.  There is a new one out for Kylix.

Indy,

Report Man   http://reportman.sourceforge.net/
dbExpress Plus   http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbExpressPlus

There is also an open source ODBC driver for dbExpress.

Let's not recreate the wheel if we don't have too.

I think the most important thing is a stable IDE.  Nothing else really
matters for 1.0.

I think support for Delphi style packages is important also.  A robust
VCL can
happen for 2.0 and will likely have more people working on it if the
IDE is stable.

NetNoise wrote:

    I'll try to develop an installer for windows :)

  I'm a delphi user and when I need to develop an installer for my programs I
use inno setup www.innosetup.com is not perfect, but it works and it's free.

Why not to use this one?

NetNoise