[lazarus] I am new here ...

Prometheus prometheus at promisoft.com
Tue Dec 30 07:39:25 EST 2003

Hello,
i wrote in a kylix borland newsgroup, it would be a wonderfull thing,
to have one delphi for win32, .NET (grrrr) and LINUX!
... and Borland will not do it, because of Microsoft-Investment in Borland,
and Mircosoft will not like to see a software-rich LINUX, with 1000ths of
Delphi-Developers ...

Someone wrote there: look for Lazarus ...
And i did!
I was surprised an also a little sad ...
At first: Wonderfull, and then, oh, no TDataset, mhm, and and
OK. The developers did a great job, but i think you are too few.
Lazarus needs 20 or 30 developers that can do this job! (they have time
enough to do it, and the knowledge)

mhm, i cannot promise to can do a lot for Lazarus, but i will try to help,
all my work depents from: Delphi, Firebird Database and IBO now ...
And with Lazarus i hope, i can migrate to LINUX, Firebird is no problem,
soon there will be a Firebird for AMD64, a 64bit version ....
On SUSE and other Linux-systems firebird 1.5 is running very nice ....
For IBO, i know there is a beta-version for Kylix, perhaps its possible
to migrate to Lazarus too ....

So, enough of  my writings ... till soon again

A happy new year for all Lazarus-Developers !!!

regards
Prom