[lazarus] New Project

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Feb 18 07:55:43 EST 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:51:10 -0400
"Luis R. Hilario B." <LuisDigital at BonBon.net> wrote:

> Bruno Alejandro wrote:
>
> >Hi to all!!
> >
> >I like lazarus, and I work with linux RH 8.0
> >
> >I have a problem, and with one friend I found a solution...
> >
> >The problem is that the web editors for linux are so small and don't
> >have the power I need... I know that a good coder can work with a note
> >pad, but, I think that if we have a tool like dreamweaver in linux, the
> >time of coding is faster... or not???
> >
> >Then, I want to start a new project like this, but developed in lazarus
> >and freepascal...
> >
> >What do you think??? I know that I'm not an advanced programmer or some
> >thing like that, but I know too that here are a really great
> >programmer's and I like to learn each day new things, that's why I want
> >to start this, because this project will help some one with this kind of
> >editor and I will learn more about freepascal and lazarus.
> >

> They lack components, to see HTML (a Memo HTML).

I'm currently debugging htmllite, a lightweight html component for lazarus.
Impossible to say, when it will be available, because it uses quite a lot of
winapi calls.

But a html editor needs much more than a normal html component. I suggest you
take a look at gtkhtml, a html component for gnome, which also supports
editing. Denis Leger had started pascal bindings for gtk1. I can help you
writing a LCL component for it.

Mattias