[lazarus] make

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Jul 15 18:28:20 EDT 2003

> marcov at stack.nl wrote:
>
> >>I've collected the latest cvs and w321010full (FPC) but I end up with
> >>992 errors on make ? anybody got some ideas as to how I'll get it working ?
> >>

> >1) What errors?
> >2) how does your PATH look like?
> >3) what does ppc386 -i report back?
>
> 1.) ERROR MAKEFILE XXXX :  COMMAND SYNTAX ERROR

That's not an error MINGW32 GNU make (distributed with FPC) would give. It
doesn't use ALL CAPS syntax. Probably you have another program "make" which
is found before FPC's make is found.

> 2.) path to FPC : c:\pp\bin\win32

I meant the searchpath (the environment variable PATH), because of the
above., you can see it if you enter "set" without parameters on the
commandline.

You'll probably still need to look which directories come _before_ fpc in
the path, and then check them for an own version of the "make" utility.

Alternatively you can set FPC as first in the searchpath.

> E:\develope\lazarus\source\lazarus>ppc386 -i
> Free Pascal Compiler version 1.0.10

Is ok.

> anything else you need to know ?!? And thanks for your reply ;)

I think it was enough info.