[lazarus] Patch: Comboboxes and various stuff (win32)

Micha Nelissen M.Nelissen at student.tue.nl
Sat Jul 26 05:18:36 EDT 2003

Hi list,

Attached is a patch which fixes:
1) NewText issue marco and I debugged, about which he wrote to the list.
Needs more debugging, commented UserData because the field is outside
the TLMessage structure.
2) Rewritten WM_COMMAND message handling. The type of control implies
the type of command you can get, not the other way around (as it was).
The result is that the lcl now properly recieves cbn_dropdown message
which was first captured by bn_killfocus (a button message).
3) Adjusting the client size for the scrollbars. The client size needs
to be shrunk to exclude the size of the scrollbars. I have code for this
in win32callback.inc, but it does not seem to be working as i want. When
I insert the inverse code for lm_setsize to increase the width with the
scrollbar size, the scrollbars disappear...strange. So I left this last
half out.
4) Setting of font to DEFAULT_GUI_FONT. Very simplistic, does not work
for object inspector, does work for edits and tab controls. It's a
little bit nicer font. Maybe we need to create a default font ourselves
that is to be used by the LCL?
5) Implemented SetComboMinDropDownSize. There is a nasty side effect:
All controls under the combo will be moved down because the combo is
increased in height. There needs to be code to undo this temporarily
increase in height for the dropdown.

Regards,

Micha.