[lazarus] Patch: ComboBox issues

Karl Brandt pascalive at bol.com.br
Wed Jul 30 21:51:43 EDT 2003

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:10:57 +0200
> "Marc Weustink" <marc.weustink at cuperus.nl> wrote:

Win32 docs call it Selection field or Edit control which is the part you
  see when is not dropped

> What autosize function?

I think has to do with setting Align property to alTop in
TObjectInspector.AvailCompsComboBox.
I can't see other positioning setting in this control.

It looks, at same time after a WM_SIZE, that the LCL stores the total
height (Edit + dropDownlist) as the actual clientrect and uses this when
positioning the controls.
If i modify the WM_SIZE handling i could avoid this, but i'm looking a
cleaner way

I didn't get the required time to debugging yet

>>+ -Changes to the Height property are ignored and reading it will
>>+   allways return the height of the edit part (determined by the font):
>

> Ok. The gtk-interface is doing the same for scrollbars.
>

>>+    just like in Delphi
>

> Who cares what Delphi can _not_ do? ;)
>

>>+ -implement DropDownCount
>>+    this can't be changed at runtime
>>
>>Why not ?
>

> Good question.

See previous email

>>+    to access the property i had to typecast to TComboBox: it should'nt
>>be+    public in TcustomComboBox? (see diff)
>>
>>Why ?
>

> TCustomComboBox is a base class, so optional properties should be protected.

The current way i did is incompatible if custom descendants of
TCustomComboBox