[lazarus] Lazarus and FreeBSD problem finding units

Rod Person opensourcebeef at hotpop.com
Thu Jul 31 22:45:22 EDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:15:32 +0200
Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> Quick test:
> Do a right click on the unit to get the popupmenu. Click "Unit Info".
> There you can see the unit path. The path should include the lcl
> directory. For example:
> /home/user/lazarus/lcl/units;/home/user/lazarus/lcl/units/gtk;/home/u
> ser/la zarus/packager/units
>
> If not, make sure that the
>
> Environment -> Environment Options -> Files ->
> -> Lazarus Directory
> -> Compiler Path
> -> FPC source directory
>
> paths are set.
> The Lazarus Directory normally ends on /x/x/lazarus/.
> The Compiler Path normally ends on /x/x/ppc386.
> The FPC source directory normally ends on /x/x/fpc/.
>
> You can test your compiler path and FPC Source Directory by searching
> for the file classes.pp: Open a unit, go to the uses section, position
> the cursor over the "Classes" identifier and do a find declaration (in
> the popupmenu or Search->Find declaration at cursor).
>
> Then test your Lazarus Directory by searching for controls.pp.
>
> Note:
> The IDE will find controls.ppu in /x/lazarus/lcl/units/ and then it
> searches controls.pp in /x/lazarus/lcl/.

Thanks. I did all this and now it finds the units such as buttons and c
lasses, but now it can not find the SysUtils unit. I know that sysutils
is in /usr/local/lib/fpc-1.0.10/freebsd/units/rtl and the .pp file is in
/usr/local/share/src/fpc-1.0.10/rtl/unix and there is a sysuntils.inc in
/usr/local/share/src/fpc-1.0.10/rtl/objpas.

I tried placing the paths to /usr/local/lib/fpc-1.0.10/freebsd/units/rtl
and /usr/local/share/src/fpc-1.0.10/rtl/unix in the compile options
other units and other sources respectively, but still I get the error.

The complete error is
/usr/local/share/src/fpc-1.0.10/fcl/freebsd/classes.pp(27,3) Error: unit
not found sysutils.

Any suggestions?

TIA

--