[lazarus] Programmatically showing the listbox of combobox

hernan.et at pg.com hernan.et at pg.com
Tue Jun 10 19:05:53 EDT 2003

Hi Mattias,

If I understand it right, I have to set csdropdownlist and autodropdown property
to drop the listbox automatically?

Regards,

Yoyong

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:43:27 +0800
hernan.et at pg.com wrote:

> Hi Mattias,
>
> This one is not included in cvs.
>
> under protected section of TCustomComboBox
>
> procedure WMChar(var Message: TLMChar); message LM_CHAR;
>
> its implementation is
>
> Why need this one? Well, if csdropdonwlist is selected in the object
> inspector, the listbox must dropdown if the user type some character in
> the textbox entry.

In Delphi the csdropdonwlist style is defined as a combobox with readonly
text field.
Do you mean the AutoDropDown property?

> procedure TCustomComboBox.WMChar(var Message: TLMChar);

The LCL tries to use methods instead of messages. I overrode the KeyDown
method. Maybe you can have a look.

> Please forgive me again this time for not sending a patch file.

I forgive. ;)
Any help is welcome.

Mattias