[lazarus] Lazarus road map

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jun 11 06:46:35 EDT 2003

On 11 Jun 2003 03:23:49 -0600
Tom Lisjac <netdxr at adelphia.net> wrote:

> > >I wish is
> > that masters/guru of this group should create at least some simple
> > outline what we expect in the future of Lazarus. I usually have around 1
> > to 2 hours free a day for playing around Lazarus but I sometimes fell
> > like we don't have some directions..
>
> I'd also like to do something to show appreciation and support for
> Lazarus... but it would be nice to have a little direction about what
> needs to be done. A "ToDo" list of tasks, components or libraries that
> need some work or require conversion might be helpful in this regard.

IMO there are too many todos to list them. OTOH it seems there is some
interest in such a list. I can start a ToDo text. Any suggestions for the
format?
About roadmap: A roadmap implies that we know, in which version a feature
will be complete. But as Marc said: We have no idea in what version for
example the gtk2 interface will be there. We need more developers.

> I started converting some of the TurboPower systools code with the hope
> that it would be useful but nobody responded to my posting about it.
> Should I continue? Is there any interest in this package?

Of course. Did you really expect that everyone post their 'hooray' to the
list?

Mattias