[lazarus] Lazarus road map

Tom Lisjac netdxr at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 11 12:05:33 EDT 2003

> I can start a ToDo text. Any suggestions for the
> format?

Package or Task Summary line
status:
        needed, wanted, thinking_about_doing, working_on,
        working_on_need_help, coded_but_needs_testing,
        completed_needs_documentation, completed_and_available... etc

> We need more developers.

It might be easier to attract developers if there is a list of things
that need developing. The old Lazarus site used to have a page of
components and their status. This was good but was probably a lot of
work to initially build and maintain.

The forum capabilities of the existing Lazarus site are excellent but
don't appear to be used very much. For example the last posting in the
Developer News section is dated September 08, 2002. Could this be an
area to post ToDo items and make announcements about converted code?
This way, the existing developer group wouldn't have to spend their time
formatting and maintaining the list.

> Did you really expect that everyone post their 'hooray' to the list?

Everyone? No, but even one response on or off list would have encouraged
me to keep working on it. A hooray is good once in a while... but next
time I will post a shorter announcement. Sorry if this was annoying.

-Tom