[lazarus] Lazarus road map

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jun 13 04:41:15 EDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 00:33:11 +0200
Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:

> At 18:04 12-6-2003 -0500, Michael A. Hess wrote:
> >Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >
> >>I started the TODO in docs/TODO.
> >>It would be nice to have something like this on the website. But I
> >guess, >as a simle text file it will be easier to maintain and so it will
> >be >updated more regularly.
> >

> >Ask and you shall receive. ............  Well sometimes.  ;-)
>
> [snip]
>
> Wow !

That was fast.
I planned to add a todo item: 'Create a nicer todo'. Now this item is
finished before even writing it.

> >At this point I only wrote the output of the data from the database.
> >(Give me a break I only did this whole thing today)  ;-)
> >
> >As soon as the design and requirements are fleshed out some more I will
> >then write the editing portion for this module. Until that time just give
> >
> >me the information that you want added or changed and I can do it.

Most of the IDE items need dependencies. For example:

- 'Find In Files' requires 'Search Result window'
- 'Code Explorer' requires 'Codetools Multipass parser'
- 'Object Treeview' requires 'TTreeView Multiselection' and 'TTreeView
Drag&Drop'

So, a 'Depends On' field would be useful.

> Maybe don't show all in one single page, but splitted up per Unit
> (Components, LCL, GTK, GTK2, GNOME, WIN32, IDE)

It seems to fit on a single page.

> Then you have a list of Items, where we might need also subitems.
>
> I was thinking of (adding an imaginary debugger map):
>
> IDE - Debugger - Breakpoints
> IDE - Debugger - BreakpointsDialog
> IDE - Debugger - BreakpointsProperties
>
> etc.
>
> >I hope this is what some of you were looking for.
>
> Something :)

If I had known, that there is so much interest in such a list, ...

Mattias