[lazarus] CVS Updatesuy

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed Jun 18 07:35:54 EDT 2003

+ From: Marco van de Voort [mailto:marcov at Stack.nl]
+ Sent: woensdag 18 juni 2003 13:43

+ > + I actually dragged and dropped a form, and all went pretty well.
+ > +
+ > + The only real problem is that dropping something on a form, and then
+ > + drag it on a "group" box doesn't make the component embedded, but
+ > + it simply disappears under/over.
+ > +
+ > + When trying to get widgets out of a groupbox, there's the
+ > + same problem.
+ > + The widget remains in the groupbox, only its location is invisible.
+ >
+ > This is normal (Delphi) behaviour. A control is member of only
+ > one container (from, panel, groupbox etc.) and stays there.
+ > Coordinates of the control are also relative to its container.
+ > By dragging, you move the control, you're not reparent it.
+ > To reparent controls, use cut and paste, or edit the .lfm file.
+
+ Ok. So that is a difference between Delphi and JBuilder :-)

I've never used JBuilder. I've only seen it in a pre 1.0 alpha stage and on
the CDs I got with D4 :)

Marc