[lazarus] CVS Updatesuy

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Jun 18 10:05:34 EDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> > > The opened debug window remains empty.
> > >
> > > Output in main window becomes:
> > >
> > > inking /fpc/lazproj/project1
> > > 116 Lines compiled, 0.6 sec
> > > [TCompiler.Compile] end
> > > [TDebugManager.DoInitDebugger] A
> > > [TCmdLineDebugger] Debug PID: 751
> > > TApplication.HandleException Access violation
> > > (gdb)
> > >
> > > But I'll hunt for {$ifdef linux} and {$ifdef unix} conditionals and check
> > > them myself. If that doesn't reveal anything, I can always try to
> > > debug it then.
> > >
> > > ---
> > > Another problem: moving a project makes the IDE not find files.
> >
> > How did you move?
>
> mv * /new/directory
>
> > > There are absolute paths in the project1.lpi file causing this.
> >
> > What files?
>
> form1 (unit1.pas and .lrs were absolute), form2 (unit2.pas and .lrs)
> weren't.
>

> P.s. 1 The copy and pasting for groupboxes works fine and is workable
> 	for a groupbox.
> P.s. 2 except for RadioGroups. If I drag a button and/or textfield on a
>         radiogroup, the parent->child thing goes ok, but when run,
>         I can't click the button or edit the tf.
> P.s. 3 when I enter an empty string for a RadioGroup item, and put
>         a tf on it, (on the place where normally text would go) I can't always
>         select the tf after. I did some resizing of the RG, so that might be
>         related.
> P.s. 4 Dragging and dropping works much better when you X to local system.

Not entirely unexpected :-)

> P.s. 5 Is it possible to change the selectbox of the Object Inspector to
>         a select-tree, or don't we have this widget? Or is there something
>         else to directly see/manipulate the component hierarchy of the
>         form?

IMHO this should be added later on, Delphi 6/7 offers also a 'component
treeview' based on the GetChildren call in TComponent, but separate from
the object inspector. It doesn't really have the room for it: Sometimes
all of the properties hardly fit on the screen, and a treeview takes a
lot of room...

Michael.