[lazarus] CVS Updatesuy

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jun 18 19:55:22 EDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:45:50 +0200 (CEST)
marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

> > weren't.
> >

> > P.s. 1 The copy and pasting for groupboxes works fine and is workable
> > 	for a groupbox.
> > P.s. 2 except for RadioGroups. If I drag a button and/or textfield on a
> >         radiogroup, the parent->child thing goes ok, but when run,
> >         I can't click the button or edit the tf.
> > P.s. 3 when I enter an empty string for a RadioGroup item, and put
> >         a tf on it, (on the place where normally text would go) I can't
> >         always select the tf after. I did some resizing of the RG, so
> >         that might be related.
>
> This last one was clear when I was playing a bit.
>
> Lazarus sets "blank" as text for an empty entry. (where I wanted to place
> my textfield).
>
> Somehow that "blank" didn't display properly until I managed to move the
> tf, so probably when clicking, the "blank" text (and therefore the
> TRadioGroup) got selected, not the tf. Overlapping regions probably.

Before I forget:
gtk does not allow all combinations of layering widgets. In this case: a
radiobutton and a textfield will never work perfect when overlapped. If you
really want a radiogroup with custom components instead of radiobuttons,
then the recommended way is to create a new component. It's not very
difficult to write it. If there is enough interest I can write it.

Mattias