[lazarus] *BSD problems with Lazarus

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Jun 19 11:19:07 EDT 2003

+ From: Marco van de Voort [mailto:marcov at Stack.nl]
+ Sent: donderdag 19 juni 2003 17:20
+
+ I debugged Lazarus and Pipe, and found the problem.
+
+ The syscall pipe returns the filedescriptors in registers, and then some C
+ macro copies it to the int[2] structure. I haven't seen this in
+ the initial port I guess.

??? I've read that some incarnations (free, open, or net) of BSD retun
syscal params by stack

+ I quick checked, and NetBSD also does this, on all (processor) platforms.
+
+ The FreeBSD fix is commited, the NetBSD/i386 will follow tomorrow or
+ saturday.
+
+ ----
+ I do see this now in the output, but the debugged program starts up:
+ (notice the warning)
+
+ [snip
+ [Debugger] Console output: ~"/fpc/lazproj/project1' has changed;
+ re-reading symbols.\n"
+ [WARNING] Debugger: Unknown stopped reason:
+ TCmdLineDebugger.SendCmdLn "info program"
+ [Debugger] Log output: &"info program\n"
+ [Debugger] Target PID: 83914
+ TCmdLineDebugger.SendCmdLn "-exec-continue"

Have you enabled the "generate debug info" compiler option ?

Marc