[lazarus] Win32 Interface

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Jun 22 09:51:49 EDT 2003

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:37:42 +0200
Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:

> At 10:56 22-6-2003 +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:52:57 -0300
> >"Horacio Jamilis" <hjamilis at pymesoft.com.ar> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I was trying to compile lazarus under Win32 to start debuging it.
> > >
> > > When I tried to "make DEBUG=1 clean all" to build lazarus with
> > > debuging information, it fails.
> >
> >Under linux with the gtk-interface, I also got a few compiler warnings
> >when DEBUG=1. I fixed them. But running the IDE failed with range check
> >errors. Marc, the debugger goes into an endless loop on the range check.
>
> YM, when you build with rangecheck and you hit a range error ? Or is
> building enough ?

Just build lazarus with "make DEBUG=1 clean all" and run it. There are some
cardinal/longint checks, that causes a range check error at runtime, but not
at compile time. For example passing a TColor to a parameter of type
TColorRef. Normally, the compiler should warn, but it does not. So, we have
to spot these things by debugging. But, as you know, gdb does not stop on
range check errors (it needs some breakpoints). It would save some time, if
the IDE could debug itself and stop automatically on range check errors.

Mattias