[lazarus] Win32 Interface

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jun 23 05:25:06 EDT 2003

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:06:56 +0200
Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:

> [snip]
> Ehm... can you give an example where the debugger doesn't stop ?

Whatever you did with your last update, the endless loop is gone and so is
the endless loop of the debugged lazarus also. Now the compiler stops on the
range check error. But without a valid error line. The callstack says the
same: debugmanager line 1698. The range check error happens somewhere in the
debugger initialization. The sad thing is, that the debugged IDE still shows
its splash screen, which hides any message dialog and this makes your X
unusable.
So, I have improved a few things:
- the lcl now sets its own exception handler earlier
(Application.Initialize)
- the lcl now hides all forms with FormStyle=fsStayOnTop, before showing the
error message
- I added a --no-splash-screen option to the command line options of the IDE

Now we can start fixing the range check errors. First one is: debugger.pp
2900.

Mattias