[lazarus] Compiling for win32

Micha Nelissen mdvpost at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 23 05:28:26 EDT 2003

Hi,

>> Thank you for this information and quick response. But, am I
>> ignorant or where should I have found this information on the
>> website? Download gives me the release version; which I don't want.
>> Development gives me links for the compiler itself, source, binary,
>> but not these utilities as far I can tell.
>
> The logic is that we expect most developpers to have used the release
> version before they start using development (i.o.w. development is
> supposed to be installed on top of a regular installation)

Ah, now I understand. But coming from the lazarus website and seeing '1.0.6
is definitely not what you need', too few features and such, I headed
straight for development :). Maybe other users could be helped as well with
a little notice like: 'you need to install on top of a release OR download
these additional utilities'.

Just a suggestion,

Micha.