[lazarus] Win32 menu does not work

Micha Nelissen mdvpost at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 23 17:12:26 EDT 2003

Hi,

The problem is that in the WM_COMMAND message, instead of wNotifyCode = 0,
we get random values.

After some debugging I found out that MENUINFO.WID is a 32 bit integer, but
it contains a 16 bit application defined value. It seems the application is
responsible for providing an increasing set of numbers in this identifier.
Currently (see win32object.inc:2610) it is assigned a pointer which is a 32
bit value and thus too wide. It could be that the upper 16 bits are used for
the WM_COMMAND.wNotifyCode but I am not sure.

This is just a suggestion, because sometimes the menu's simply disappear if
you change the wid to something else.

HTH,

Micha.