[lazarus] Clean build from nothing

cryst at golden.net cryst at golden.net
Wed Jun 25 00:59:53 EDT 2003

> And have to update each time the libc interface somehow changes ? No thanks
> ! It can usually be hidden for C programmers with some macro tricks, but
> not for FPC. Not to mention that there may be differences between various
> platforms... (irresistably, I am forced to think of MS Windows ;-) )

Doesn't fpc support ifdef? I can see your point, except if all you support are
system calls, you will need to support each different system's calls. If you
support a libraries interface then that interface doesn't change for the
major functions. (strcpy hasn't changed for years!) As a matter of fact one
of the libraries jobs is to hide the differences between the different
operating systems.

> In fact, to be able to compile Kylix programs, I am now converting the C
> library headers to a unit. So you will have the full power of the C library
> at your disposal if you so desire...

I can't think of an immediate use, but I'm sure it will come in handy.

Chris