[lazarus] The timer issue (win32)

Micha Nelissen mdvpost at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 11:46:47 EDT 2003

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Micha Nelissen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You owe me one on this one :) !
>>
>> It seems the compiler does not differentiate between various calling
>> standards? (stdcall, pascal, etc)? AAAARRRGGGHHH.
>
> It does.
>
> -    lpfnWndProc := WndProc(@TimerWindowProc);
> +    lpfnWndProc := @TimerWindowProc;
>
> .. only it was disabled here because of the forced typecast !

That's true. But I removed the typecast first to see if the compiler gave me
an error. But it didn't so I looked elsewhere. Please try it: remove
'stdcall;' from the TimerWindowProc and you'll see it does not complain, at
least it does not on my box. But it does generate different code for the
function.

However, a simple unit with a function callback prototype and a non-matching
function did give an error, so I can not reproduce the bug easily.

Regards,

Micha.