[lazarus] Building Lazarus in Winblows

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Mar 25 16:43:59 EST 2003

Okay, I was able to do that from the command prompt to compile my
lazarus icon resource.  Unfortunately the makefile was adding the
--preprocessor option but not adding fprcp.exe after it.  By the way I
never did find windres.exe on the FPC site... I had to google it.

Now I get:

Compiling debugmanager.pas
Compiling mainbar.pas
Compiling .\debugger\callstackdlg.pp
Compiling viewunit_dlg.pp
Compiling aboutfrm.pas
Compiling resource lazarus.res
Linking .\lazarus.exe
lazarus.pp(86,1) Error: Util asw.exe not found, switching to external
linking
Closing script .\ppas.bat
make[1]: *** [lazarus.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/lazarus/lazarus'
make: *** [ide] Error 2

C:\lazarus\lazarus>

I've searched everywhere and don't see an asw.exe file either in the
huge download of 1.0.6 or inside the files for 1.0.8 that I've
downloaded.

Thanks,
Tony