[lazarus] determining when loading of stream is done

hernan.et at pg.com hernan.et at pg.com
Sun May 4 19:33:40 EDT 2003

To Mattias/all,

I am working on TStringText (a descendant of TStrings) for the Lines property of TMemo. I came across a potential performance issue.
 Here is the scenario, when running the application the streamed value of lines property of TMemo comes one line at a time.
 I can imagine that if my TMemo contains 50,000 lines, this will be a big performance hit. Can someone explain or point to me when the streaming
is done/finished relative to loading of application? I need this so that I can send the data to gtk_text at once thereby avoiding the repetitive insertion
of data to the gtk interface.

Thanks in advace,
Yoyong Hernan