[lazarus] Database issues...

Tue May 6 13:22:47 EDT 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, [iso-8859-1] Jesus Reyes wrote:

> Hi Michael.
>
> > To make sure that my statements in a previous posting were correct,
> > I tested
> > the mysql and Interbase access components in the FCL.
> >
> > In doing so, I discovered that a patch from Jesus Reyes, (which I
> > applied),
> > destroyed the MySQL and Interbase TDataset workings.
> >

> I'm pretty sure that you didn't apply my latest patch that fixed this
> issue and several others in TDataSource even in dbf.pas, for
> reference: http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/archives/msg02247.html,
> Mattias updated the grids.pas part
> (http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/archives/msg02254.html)

This is quite possible. I only did 1 patch, your initial one.
I tried to download the file now, but I get an error from the webserver.

Can you check out the latest cvs sources, and send me a diff of whatever
I may have missed ?

> In a new message Siegfried Goericke reported that he successful
> applied the patches but he had problems with fpc1.1 and interbase
> (http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/archives/msg02416.html) and I
> discovered the problem with IsCursorOpèn but its strange I cant find
> the message where I reply what I proposed:
>
> Function IsCursorOpen: Boolean;
> begin
>  Result:= FDatabase<>nil
> End;

This would be a wrong solution, and is only part of the problem.
In each case, I have addressed the problem in Interbase. The IsCursorOpen
problem didn't exist for MySQL.

In future, please send patches for db.pp and FCL related things directly
to me. I don't have time to check all Lazarus messages (I do my best,
though) so it is better to send patches straight to me.

Don't misunderstand my message wrong, I don't want to accuse you of
anything. I simply should have checked your patches more thoroughly
before applying them. But on initial inspection, they looked OK...
Anyway, feel free to look at the changes I made and send diffs for things
you think are still wrong.

Michael.