[lazarus] does not work for me on mdk91

A.J. Venter ajventer at direqlearn.org
Wed May 7 08:04:24 EDT 2003

Heres how I installed it on mandrake 9.1

Go to ftp://www.freepascal.org/pub/dist

Download fpc 1.0.8 as an rpm, as well as the source rpm for it.

Install fpc rpm.
Use mc to copy the actuall sources out of the src rpm to a directory of
your choice.

Grab lazarus with CVS (as per the instructions on the lazarus site)

Compile lazarus.

At first run, Lazarus asks for the fpc source directory, point it to the
directory you copied to.

FPC 1.0.7 has a bug with some units that wrap around header files such
as mysql and sdl units.
You need 1.0.8 if you plan to do any normal fpc work as well, and
probably if you intend to use such units (you probably do) from within
laz.

Ciao
A.J.