[lazarus] installing problems

hernan.et at pg.com hernan.et at pg.com
Thu May 22 18:52:34 EDT 2003

Lazarus is not yet stable in Windows. Try Linux instead, it works wonderfully in
there.

Yoyong

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:
 svcr-216-37-230-2.dsl.svcr.epix.net
 [216.37.230.2]

From: mjekl at clix.pt on 05/22/2003 12:12 PM GMT

        mjekl at clix.pt           To:   lazarus at miraclec.com
                                Cc:    (bcc: Yoyong Hernan-ET/PGI)
                        Subject:      [lazarus] installing problems
  05/22/2003 08:12 PM
    Please respond to
 lazarus at miraclec.com

Hello,

I'm a newbie on programming and pascal. Got Free Pascal installed and have
been hurdling to get lazarus on my sistem (win98 2nd edition).
I got the source. And issued "make" on the lazarus directory.
The environmental varible PATH is properly set.
the compiler works (it issues it's work messages on screen). This is where
I got stuck. Here's the part of the message I guess (stress guess) is
relevant for this:
"
windres: no resources
MAKE.EXE[1]: *** [lazarus.res] Error 1
MAKE.EXE[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/lazarus'
C:\PP\BIN\WIN32\MAKE.EXE: *** [ide] Error 2
"
Hope you can give me some pointers on how to get lazarus running.

Best,
Mig