[lazarus] compiling problems

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 5 12:11:47 EST 2003

After the latest batch of updates from everybody for 1.1/1.9 I am no
longer capable of compiling current cvs lazarus with 1.0.10, I first get
an error on mode_t not found in fileproc.inc, and after that I got a
whole slew of other errors I didn't bother to write down.

Since I had been wanting to try 1.1 again anyway I installed a cvs
snapshot, and found that I was unable to link lazarus, upon linking of
./lazarus I was given lot of unresolved symbols "LEX" when I tried a
make clean all. however using my gtk2 script, a gtk2 lazarus built fine.
So I tried running make again, and this time it linked properly. make
clean all always fails. odd.

Also I am unable to build lazarus from within lazarus with fpc1.9, it
gives me a "unable to create pipe" error.

Andrew