[lazarus] Problems on Fedora with Lazarus

John The Ripper ripper at arsis.net
Sat Nov 8 11:13:12 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 13:49, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On 08 Nov 2003 13:31:33 +0100
> John The Ripper <ripper at arsis.net> wrote:
>
> > Just yesterday I installed Fedora and find it very surprising that for
> > the first time in my life Lazarus doesn't work. It just throws out
> > without even showing any Window, with exception "out of memory" to
> > console
>
> Sounds like an endless loop.
>

> > After that I tried with fpc 1.9, same result except MessageBox "Out of
> > Memory" showed up.
>
> Can you start it with gdb and send a backtrace?

I hope that I did correct thing^^. And as you see funny thing is that
everytime lazarus is runned different problem occurs at least visually,
report is almost the same

Correct temporary solution for me was as Tom Lisjac suggested>> install
from rpm on lazarus-ccr

Tx for help^^

with fpc-1.9
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/matooo/Applications/lazarus/lazarus
[New Thread -1084347488 (LWP 3616)]
[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
  Sender=EOutOfMemory
  Exception=Out of memory
TApplication.HandleException Out of memory

Program exited normally.

with fpc-1.0.11

WARNING: [TgtkObject.StretchBlt] Destination and/or Source unsupported!!
[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
  Sender=EACCESSVIOLATION
  Exception=Access violation
TApplication.HandleException Access violation
TApplication.HideAllFormsWithStayOnTop :TSPLASHFORM

with fpc-1.0.11 (runned for the second time)

[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
  Sender=EACCESSVIOLATION
  Exception=Access violation
TApplication.HandleException Access violation
TApplication.HideAllFormsWithStayOnTop :TSPLASHFORM
[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
[TgtkObject.Destroy] WARNING: There are 1 unreleased DCs, a detailed
dump follows:
[TgtkObject.Destroy]  DCs:   0858A614
[TgtkObject.Destroy] WARNING: There are 7 unreleased GDIObjects, a
detailed dump follows:
[TgtkObject.Destroy]   GDIOs: BF32F614 BF32F5C4 BF32F4E4 BF32F494
0858A6D4 BF17B004 BF3150B4
[TgtkObject.Destroy]   gdiBitmap: 3
[TgtkObject.Destroy]   gdiBrush: 1
[TgtkObject.Destroy]   gdiFont: 2
[TgtkObject.Destroy]   gdiPen: 1

with fpc-1.0.11 (runned for the 3rd time-funny even non workable message
box appears)

[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
  Sender=EACCESSVIOLATION
  Exception=Access violation
TApplication.HandleException Access violation
TApplication.HideAllFormsWithStayOnTop :TSPLASHFORM
[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
[TgtkObject.Destroy] WARNING: There are 1 unreleased DCs, a detailed
dump follows:
[TgtkObject.Destroy]  DCs:   0858A614
[TgtkObject.Destroy] WARNING: There are 7 unreleased GDIObjects, a
detailed dump follows:
[TgtkObject.Destroy]   GDIOs: BF32F614 BF32F5C4 BF32F4E4 BF32F494
0858A6D4 BF17B004 BF3150B4
[TgtkObject.Destroy]   gdiBitmap: 3
[TgtkObject.Destroy]   gdiBrush: 1
[TgtkObject.Destroy]   gdiFont: 2
[TgtkObject.Destroy]   gdiPen: 1

4th time no message box but exited for the first time