[lazarus] fpc1.9.0 beta and lazarus problem!

C Western mftq75 at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Nov 9 06:44:24 EST 2003

It seems to be an error in the run time library.
I can fix this by changing AssignPipe in rtl/linux/unixsysc.inc

Function AssignPipe(var pipe_in,pipe_out:longint):boolean; [public,
alias : 'FPC_SYSC_ASSIGNPIPE'];

{
  Sets up a pair of file variables, which act as a pipe. The first one can
  be read from, the second one can be written to.
  If the operation was unsuccesful, linuxerror is set.
}
var
  pip  : tpipe;
begin
  AssignPipe := do_SysCall(SysCall_nr_pipe,longint(@pip)) = 0;
  if AssignPipe then begin
    pipe_in:=pip[1];
    pipe_out:=pip[2];
  end else
    linuxerror:=fpgeterrno;
end;

though there seems to be other problems (with text boxes?) so I have
gone back to 1.0.10

Colin