[lazarus] Patch for searchresults dialog

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Nov 22 11:38:39 EST 2003

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:22:21 -0600  Bob Wingard <bwingard at gt.rr.com> wrote:

> Mattias,
> 	I looked at the TODO list for the searchresults on the Lazarus web
> page. What would you like the find identifier function to do?

Example:
User points source editor caret on an identifier. The function  "Find
Identifier" (or maybe we should call it "Find References"?) will search the
definition and then all places, where this identifier is used.

The search result window will show all the results.

After this the next step is "Rename identifier":
The user gives a new name. The IDE automatically checks every found
reference for conflicts with the new name. This will result in a list of
conflicts. (Also shown in the search result window: a flag). If there are no
conflicts, or the user forces the renaming, all found identifiers will be
renamed.

The first step is to extend the find in files dialog. We need to search in:
- all project files. Including files in a search path (e.g. unit path).
- all files of a package
- all files of all depending packages
- a combination of the above

The next step is to extend the file selection of the "Find In Files", so
that it can be reused by "Find Identifier" function.

Mattias