[lazarus] Silly code message handling question

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Nov 25 12:05:24 EST 2003

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:19:00 -0600  Tony Maro <tony at maro.net> wrote:
>

>>Still no luck... I can see it pass the virtual keycode to inherited, but
>>menu shortcuts still don't work, which was the goal with this.
>>
>>What triggers a menu shortcut to occur in the LCL?  I can't find
>>anything on it...
>>

>It's not the LCL. The WM+gtk does.
>It should be possible to get the key event, before the gtk accelerators
>process it. But this needs to be implemented in the gtk intf.
>

>Mattias

Mmm... okay then let me rephrase.

I have a custom control that when selected doesn't allow the
accelerators to work.  It's a TWinControl descendant.

I've removed all references to grabbing key events, etc from my
component and it _still_ doesn't let menu shortcuts work.  (This, I
didn't know until just now.)

Is there a flag when the component is created that tells it to disable
this, kind of like csAcceptsControls triggers if you can drop in another
control?

I suppose it's possible I changed a setting somewhere that affected
accelerators and never realized it.

Thanks,

-Tony