[lazarus] DataSource/DataSet

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 3 11:23:36 EDT 2003

Some of the controls are partly useable, however they have not all been
well tested. For instance DBLabel and DBEdit apear to work very well,
DBListBox works for viewing, not for changing(yet), DBGrid apears to
show information properly, however scrolling doesn't always work yet(for
me) etc. The DB backend needs more work and cleanups to be as useable(or
hopefully more so) for the controls as Delphi.

I have a self-contained somewhat out of date test app(includes its own
DB and basic DbCtrls with minor modifications) with a basic unfinished
Csv Table using MyLittleBase. You can try it out to see some of how well
it works and too look at the basics of implementing your own Dataset.
Please note some of the Dataset functionality is not implemented yet, so
like I had to add the routines to Insertrecord([]), and this means a few
routines you might want to use don't do anything or will cause errors.
:)

http://www.ajgenius.us/random/LCLDBTest2.tar.gz

Have fun, and if you fix anything please feel free to send in patches.
:)

Andrew