"Error While linking" under FreeBSD (was: Can't compile LatestCVS "Error: Identifier not found TBYTEARRARY")

George Patterson george at visp.com.au
Thu Oct 23 15:22:57 EDT 2003

Thanks Andrew, that fixed it.

Just got a small issue, which I can live with but others might rather
see it fixed. This apparently is a FreeBSD issue only, as I understood
it from the the IRC chat earlier today/last night.

After typing make the units and objects are compiled then
Linking ./lazarus
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lglib12
lazarus.pp(352) Error: Error while linking
Closing script ./ppas.sh
gmake[1]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/george/downloads/lazarus/lazarus'
gmake: *** [ide] Error 2

the solutions to that was to add the line
SEARCH_DIR(/usr/local/lib/)
to the top part of link.res.

Question:  Why is this path not being added correctly??

George Patterson