[lazarus] Non-visual component drawing

Micha Nelissen M.Nelissen at student.tue.nl
Sun Oct 26 14:07:47 EST 2003

Nelissen, M. wrote:

> Can someone tell me how non-visual components are drawn on forms in the
> designer in gtk/lazarus ? Is it done in designer/, or in the interface?
> In win32, they are clickable, but not visible.

Ok, did some research myself. It seems that the gtk interface sends a
designer specific INTERNALPAINT message from gtkobject.inc:1176 to the
lcl, which is then handled by designer.pp and passed on to
controlselection for drawing grid and grabbers etc.

Please, is there no other way? This is real ugly; having to send this
from the interface with specific non-documented behaviour for the
lazarus ide.

Can the designer form override the Paint method and do it that way?

Regards,

Micha.