[lazarus] Building WIN32 APP

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Oct 28 16:31:33 EST 2003

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:08:30 +0100 (CET)
> marcov at Stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:
>
> > > http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/index.php?wiki=CrossCompilingForWin32UnderLinux
> >
> > Why not download cross utils from FPC mirrors?
> >
> > Linux and mingw32 are available, for a lot of used platforms.
> >
> > ftp://freepascal.stack.nl/pub/fpc/contrib/cross/
> >
> > Specially
> > ftp://freepascal.stack.nl/pub/fpc/contrib/cross/mingw/mingwcross.zip
> I will try and look into this the coming days. If I succeed, I will
> change the page on sourceforge accordingly.

There are also linux (though I couldn't get them static iirc) and cygwin
utils there. Mingw is better for windows, but the cygwin's are a lot easier
to compile.

(Thanks got to the Prof Olowofoyeku of GPC for helping out with mingw btw)

> > ---
> >
> > For extra examples about cross-platform (and
> > cross-architecture)configurability of fpc.cfg see
> >
> > http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf
> I check it reguarly and I think it is of high quality.

After the transition to the new branch is made, crosscompiling will all be
easier.

There is also a script to make cross utils, and a script to make
cross-snapshots btw.

They are in CVS under fpc/install/cross