[lazarus] GTK2 interface

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 6 01:54:14 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 19:54, Andrew Johnson wrote:

> 1st - I am going to start this now - with gtk2, gdkpixbuf is built in,

*cough* uhm. I seem to have underestimated how hard it was going to be
to support GTK1 and deprectated widgets, some things are simple enough,
some is just time consuming, but there are a few places I cannot figure
out how to handle without having both pixmaps and pixbufs, and double up
in memory(the worst I think are Window Icon, CList PixData, BitBtn, msg
dialogs) so.. I backed up my changes to another dir.. and just changed
the geometry routines which were preventing proper loading of the
pixmaps and commited ;)

and the other problem looks to be the way we overrride/handle mouse
events. so I disabled a few of them. TControl's don't work still.

Trying to run a gtk2 lazarus gives some wierd segfaults I haven't traced
yet in widget focus, I think check menu items based on some gtk errors
but not sure, but basic widget tests work, if not all examples yet....

Andrew