[lazarus] directive NEW1_1

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Sep 13 08:48:55 EDT 2003

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:39:24 +0200 (CEST)
marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

> > > Just a question to clear up something for myself: Does the
> > > fpc 1.1 on the website define VER1_1? I supose it doesn't, and that it
> > > defines NEW1_1 instead. Otherwise I see no reason not to change NEW1_1
> > > to VER1_1.
> >
> > All 1.1 define VER1_1 and not NEW1_1.
> > The declaration of AssertErrorProc changed. It's longint in 1.0, longint
> > in the old 1.1 and pointer in the current 1.1.
>
> Specify such things as
>
>   {$ifdef VER1_0} the 1.0.x way {$ELSE} the 1.1.x AND LATER way {$endif}

But then both 1.1 would not compile. The old because of this, and the new
because of the expression bug. Or do you mean something like this:

{$ifdef VER1_0}
  // the 1.0.x way
{$ELSE}
  // the 1.1.x AND LATER way
  {$IFDEF New1_1}
    // current, but buggy 1.1
  {$ELSE}
    // old, but working 1.1
  {$ENDIF}
{$endif}

> This because of the "AND LATER" part.

It seems this place makes too much trouble and confusion. I will add a
comment and try to get a newer 1.1.

Mattias