[lazarus] Questions about DB status

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 13 10:33:48 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 09:13, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:00:51 -0400
> Andrew Johnson <acjgenius at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Can you give some advice for distributing the work. Then I will help.
>

> Mattias

sure. I would guess if we can get more people working there is no reason
to limit the number of people working on it right? so why not create
dbctrls (and maybe dbgrids) and add the initial controls which we can
finish the implementations of later. Like for now we can do general
declarations like

  TFieldDataLink = class(TDataLink)
   {temporarily empty till I commit}
  end;

  TDBEdit = class(TMaskEdit)
  private
    { out link }
    FDataLink: TFieldDataLink;

    { dummy functions for now}

    function GetDataField: string;
    function GetDataSource: TDataSource;
    function GetField: TField;

    Procedure SetDataField(value : string);
    function SetDataSource(value : TDataSource);
  protected
  public
    { will create/destroy datalink later }
    constructor Create(AOwner: TComponent); override;
    destructor Destroy; override;

    { our generic db published stuff }
    property Field: TField read GetField;
  published
    { our generic db published stuff }
    property DataField: string read GetDataField write SetDataField;
    property DataSource: TDataSource read GetDataSource write
SetDataSource;

    { all the parent stuff we want published.. probably more then just
this }
    property Anchors;
    property Enabled;
    property Font;
    property PopupMenu;
    property ShowHint;
    property TabOrder;
    property TabStop;
    property Visible;
    property OnChange;
  end;

we need -

TDBEdit,
TDBText,
TDBCheckbox,
TDBComboBox,
TDBListBox,
TDBRadioGroup,
TDBMemo,
TDBImage,
TDBNavigator,
and maybe a TDBCalender.. thats a good start.

Once I get this datalink semi-done in a little bit here I can add it and
we can have different people try and implement each control more fully.
They still won't be fully testable in lcl, but I assume we might be able
to test to some extent like Jesus does with his grid..

Andrew