[lazarus] Questions about DB status

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sun Sep 14 10:43:22 EDT 2003

At 21:21 13-9-2003, Andrew Johnson wrote:
>On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 11:19, Andrew Johnson wrote:
> > Actually I am not so sure on this for one reason. I am still not sure
> > _why_ it needs this, but I just found and added the following routine to
> > it(I find its existence atm utterly pointless and silly but ..
> > compatibility?)
>
>The more I think the more I think we should scratch it.

I don't.

>I see no use whatsoever even for backward compatibility.

It isn't a matter of backward compatebility, I think it is needed.

>When would anyone want to
>focus a FielddataLink 's control and not know the control already?

IF I look at the implementation of it in D7 the FocusControl makes sense.
It is defined in DB and is part of TField and it is used when checking
required fields. The DB unit has no knowledge about controls itself, it
only signals though the DataLink that an attached control should get focus.
For the controls there is the derived TFieldDataLink.

How would you suggest would the TFieldDataLink know which control is attached ?

>in which case they could call it before hand.

It is not for ppl. to call the setfocus, it is the underlying field it self.

Marc