[lazarus] qt status?

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sun Sep 14 11:39:17 EDT 2003

At 14:03 14-9-2003, Andrew Johnson wrote:
>Just wondering what the status on qt for pascal is, I don't use it or
>like it but I expect a lot of people want it to be able to make there
>apps targeted toward kde. awhile back it was mentioned that it shouldn't
>be that hard now to get translated headers for qt3. Is this currently
>still viable? or would an additional lib like originally implemented
>still be the only way, either way what is the probability of getting the
>interface for it on the roll again. I would very much like to see
>lazarus running on gnome2/gtk2 kde3/qt3 and win32 by our 1.0 release,
>which seems to be getting closer and closer now that things are
>stabalizing even on win32.

When we started QT was object based. That ment that every call had to be
wrapped by a piece of C code to get a flat function call. I heard rumors
(but don't know if they are true) that FPC could link against C++ objects
so that the wrapper wasn't needed.
If FCP would support this, it would be in the 1.1 or later versions.
Unless the qt3 libs contain flat apicalls (which I don't expect) we still
need the wrapper.

Marc