[lazarus] Can't find unit INTERFACES

Tony tony at maro.net
Tue Sep 16 11:33:01 EDT 2003

Vincent Snijders wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Check if the LCL Widget type is set to win32 in the first tab of the
>compiler options.
>
>Mattias,
>could this be added to the FAQ.
>
>Some question from me:
>- Why don't I have to set the path to the compiled LCL units in the
>compiler options dialog? Is it because the LCL is installed as package?
>- What is the purpose of the other sources paths?
>
>Vincent Snijders

This wasn't the problem for me - last night after a CVS update, I had
the same problem.  My problem was caused by my project having no paths
set in the specific project options, and it wasn't pulling the default
settings from the IDE.

I had to add:
$(LazarusDir)/lcl/units/;$(LazarusDir)/packager/units/;$(LazarusDir)/lcl/units/$(LCLWidgetType)/
to the "Other Unit Files"

and $(LazarusDir)/lcl/ to the "Other Sources" in the "Run + Compiler
Options" after loading the project.  I also had to manually give it
paths in there for each of the custom packages my project uses.

-Tony