[lazarus] The use of FPC and Lazarus for simulation software

Vincent Snijders vslist at zonnet.nl
Sat Sep 20 12:38:46 EDT 2003

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:50:05 +0200 (CEST)
marcov at Stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

> > On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:02:59 +0200 (CEST)
> > Michael.VanCanneyt at Wisa.be wrote:

> > > If it works, only with 1.1, because it makes heavy use of
> > > interfaces.
> > >

> > Last year I took the code of dunit (version 5.02, I think) and
> > changed it so that the testframework unit and the texttestrunner
>
> > Last week I give a try to make the guitestrunner compile and run.
> > I had the following problems:
> > - AFAIK, Actions are not fully implemented in the LCL.
> > - I ran into a compiling problem, I had no solution for:
> >  Error: Symbol can't be published, can be only a class"
> > The only reference on the mailinglist told it was possibly a
> > compiler bug and that you should retry with fpc 1.1. Unfortunately
> > 1.1 is not stable enough this week, due to the reorganization of the
> > linux, unix and unixbase units.
>
> This is  starting to work again, rtl-compiler-basepackages-fcl works,
> however there are still some makefiles to update.

ATM I can't compile the 1.1 RTL with fpc 1.0.10, so I can't cycle a new
compiler.
/home/vsds/lazarus/bin/ppc386-release -dUNIX -Ur -Xs -OG2p3 -n -Fi../inc
-Fi../i386 -Fi../unix -Fii386 -FE. -gl -di386 -dRELEASE ../unix/linux.pp
liunsysc.inc(66,26) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 2: Got LONGINT,
expected PCINT liunsysc.inc(442,17) Error: Incompatible type for arg no.
2: Got LONGINT, expected PCINT liunsysc.inc(456,17) Error: Incompatible
type for arg no. 2: Got LONGINT, expected PCINT linux.pp(32,1) Fatal:
There were 3 errors compiling module, stopping

Last time I tried, the LCL couldn't be compiled with fpc 1.1, synedit
couldn't, so Lazarus cannot be compiled with fpc 1.1. That doesn't stop
us to use fpc 1.1 with Lazarus, though.

Vincent.