[lazarus] Crashes with Lazarus IDE

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Sep 25 07:38:14 EDT 2003

+ From: Tony [mailto:tony at maro.net]
+ Sent: donderdag 25 september 2003 6:00

[snip]

+ Then, a new crash happened.  Just now I was dragging components around
+ my form and crashed:  This isn't really much info, but it's all I got.
+ Lazarus immediately exited when dumping this to console.
+
+ This was in the console OUTSIDE of the "lazarus > out.txt" file I was
+ creating.
+
+ Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
+   serial 4697636 error_code 9 request_code 66 minor_code 0

I've seen bad drawables etc before and they are hard to reproduce and
track.

Nowadays all gdk errors are handled and a exception is raised, so you
could try to run lazarus within lazarus and try to reproduce it, and look
at the callstack.

Another option is to modify gtkobject.inc - procedure GLogFunc
In the "if ALogLevel and G_LOG_FLAG_FATAL <> 0" piece, place "asm INT 3
end;" before the raise.
Then run lazarus in GDB and try to reproduce and do a backtrace.

Marc