[lazarus] Patch win32 intf/lcl: brush init

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Sep 25 09:14:14 EDT 2003

+ From: Micha Nelissen [mailto:M.Nelissen at student.tue.nl]
+ Sent: donderdag 25 september 2003 8:01
+ To: lazarus at miraclec.com
+ Subject: [lazarus] Patch win32 intf/lcl: brush init
+
+ Hi,
+
+ It seems sometimes the brush is not initialized when referenced in
+ win32callback. Therefore I had to move the CreateBrush method from
+ protected to public and call it. Attached is a patch for this, apply in
+ lcl/.

Hmm... I don't know it this is the correct way to do it. I don't like the
idea that the interface it creating object for the LCL. The LCL should
handle that itself.

+ It's also possible to write a GetBrush method to initialize on demand.

That is a better way.

In Delphi the Wincontrol.Brush is always created. In the LCL it is by
default nil since onle a few components need it. In that case we need a
GetBrush to create it Dynamic.

Marc