[Lazarus] Fonts Advise between Windows & Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:18:15 CEST 2008

Bogus?aw Brandys wrote:

> Oh! So we should have also an advise how to code dialogs in Lazarus to
> be properly adjusted when DPI changed :-(
> Comments, thoughts ?

I've already detected some recent dialog issue in Lazarus IDE. I had a
look in SubVersion. The dialog was designed at 75 dpi (setting stored in
.lfm file). Then somewhere along the line, the dpi setting was removed
from the .lfm file and all the sizes (width, height etc) went nuts on my
96 dpi Linux. Many buttons are off the visible window aread, or dialogs
are really wide. :-(  As I mentioned, this is not specific to Lazarus,
but to many toolkits out there...

Regards,
   - Graeme -